Sometimes you need just a little extra dough to get that bun baking in the oven 😉
Unfortunately, we live in a culture that idolizes thin women.“Thin is in” appears to be the standard for magazines, television, celebrities and pop culture. Sadly, this not only creates unrealistic expectations for women but, striving to be “thin” can actually negatively impact a women’s ability to conceive! Thin is not in.
It is crucial, as a woman, to have certain level of body fat in order to ovulate.
Underweight women may have greater difficulties conceiving due to:
irregular cycles, or no cycles
irregular ovulation, or no ovulation
difficulties for the uterine lining to support conception
Trust me, I know first hand how important it is to achieve a healthy weight in order to maintain a regular cycle and allow conception to happen. Eating fertility friendly diet can greatly help your body succeed in planting the seed.
Here is a recipe for my favorite fertility friendly smoothie, along with some fertile facts about the ingredients. Try it for breakfast!
Bana-almond Delight Smoothie
- 1 frozen ripe banana –Vitamin B6 helps to regulate hormones & cycles
- 1 heaping TBSP Almond Butter – Vitamin E – antioxidant protecting cell membranes which make up reproductive organs (eggs)
- 1tbsp ground flax seed – flax provides a powerful package when it comes to fertility. Plant estrogens help block synthetic estrogens keeping hormones stable and healthy!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Tiny drizzle of honey for extra sweet
Blend and enjoy!