Sorry, I have zero advice for becoming “that” kind of supermodel! 😉 But I can offer you a few tips on how to become the best kind of “super” model…the supermodel of health!
As my girls get closer to two, they are beginning to say more and do more of what I do! Yikes! A lot of pressure for a stay at home Mom who is in charge of shaping two little lives! But also what a gift I have that I am able to share and pass down healthy habits to my daughters.
Here are a few tips to becoming the best kind of “Super”Model!
- Practice what you preach! If you are trying to get your kiddos to eat their veggies while you are chowing down on CRAP, your tots are not going to want to eat healthy foods! Be a supermodel and choose healthy food options especially around your children.
- Use your words! Remember your parents saying this to you as a child? Be mindful of your choice of language, tone of voice and body language. Children are extremely smart and pick on up all kinds of “language.” Set a good example and help shape your little one into kind and polite person.
- Hang up the phone! While at the library last week with my girls, I turned around to find my Olivia sitting at a computer, holding the computer mouse up to her ear saying “hello,” “hi!” Good reminder to be mindful of my phone usage around her 😉
- Love your partner! Studies have shown that the way that you and your partner interact and communicate has a huge impact on a child’s emotional development! Embrace and show love to your partner around your children. This will help them to feel safe and set a good example of a healthy relationship.
- Turn off the TV and play! With technology on the rise, kids no longer have to use their imagination 🙁 Unplug, shut down and get out and play! Childhood obesity is a big problem, literally. Let’s give our children the best and healthiest start! Lead by example!
- Connect with Mother Nature! Studies have proven that teaching kids about nature reduces all sorts of problems including obesity, depression, type 2 diabetes etc. As a Mother, get excited and teach your children about the different seasons! Take walks and teach them about all of Mother Nature’s gifts! Plant a garden with your child and teach them where healthy food comes from. Such a gift to teach our children in this ever changing technology obsessed world!
- Exercise with your baby! Bond and burn with your tot! Use your baby as your weights, connect with your baby and get in an incredible workout! Try 20 squats NOW holding onto your baby as weights! 🙂
- Take Mommy Time Outs! We can’t be the best version of ourselves if we don’t take time for ourselves. There should not be guilt in taking care of yourself! Take time, refuel and return an even better Supermodel!
Try one of our tips today and become a Supermodel! 🙂
Kelly, S & O xo