As new Moms, we must adopt the motto that every bit of movement counts! Small bouts of movement throughout our day all count as exercise and they can add up pretty quick! You do NOT need to spend hours at the gym with your own fitness trainer to get in a great workout! Strap that babe on, turn up the tunes and lets get our spring clean sweat on! 😉
Spring Clean Sweat Workout:
- Wear your baby in the Bjorn while cleaning! Note: use nontoxic products on your house. With little ones on the ground and licking/putting everything into their mouths, it is important that we are mindful of excess toxins that we are using! My favorite is The Honest Company Multi-Surface Cleaner – 26 oz – White Grapefruit!
- Intensity is key! Clean like you mean it! Lunge while you vacuum! Squat while you scrub! Reach up high and down low when you are dusting! Big, meaningful movements will work up that sweat!
- Tummy, tummy, tummy! Keep that core tight when doing any chore! This will prevent injury, prevent slouching and help tone that Mum Tum! 🙂
- Stretch extra high while cleaning ceilings and taking out cobwebs! Keep that core tight!
- When cleaning glass, make big circular movements! This burns those arms!
- Get on your hands and knees and scrub those floors! Make it a fun game with you tot while they are on the ground playing or doing tummy time!
- Get out and weed that garden! Squat while pulling out the weeds!
- Squat or pace side to side while folding laundry! Run to each room to put laundry away!
- Complete calf raises while cooking, ironing, washing dishes!
- Pause to dance with your kiddo! Make cleaning a fun and bonding experience for you and your babe! Turn up the tunes are get in an extra calorie burn!
Enjoy your clean house and your hot bod…no gym required!
Kelly, S & O xo