“Peanut, peanut butter….JELLY!” See Soph and Liv enjoying their sandwiches HERE!
There is Nut’n better then a PB & J! For those of you who have peanut allergies in the family, you will be happy to know that there are options in this “sticky situation!”
- Great source of omega 6 and an even better source of omega 3!
- Most nutrient dense nut! Packed with iron, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium and vitamin E!
- Great source of fat and protein for your growing babe!
- Pecans are amazing, in a nut shell 😉
- Packed with vitamins A, B and E.
- Great source of potassium and fiber to keep that system in check!
- Rich in iron, magnesium, phosphorous, zinc and copper.
- May help lower triglyceride levels.
- Packs more of a protein punch than peanut butter!
- Contains beta-carotene – boost that immune system!
- Great source of fiber and potassium.
These are my top 4 favorites! More better butter options are:
- Macadamia Nut
A sandwich is not a sandwich without amazing bread! Try MY Mothers amazing homemade bread for your kiddo’s sandwich. 🙂
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 TBSP yeast
- 2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup cracked wheat
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Add all dry ingredients into large mixing bowl and stir until combined
- Add 2 1/2 – 2 3/4 cups warm water and 2 TBSP olive oil
- Add water and oil to dry ingredients and knead until soft
- Form into 2 loaves
- Place in greased oven loaf pans, set in warm place with tea towels covering and allow to rise for 30 minutes
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
Kelly S & O xo