Mmmmmmmmuffins! Muffins can sometimes be deceiving. Marketed and labeled as a “healthy choice,” muffins can pack more sugar, fat and calories than a piece of chocolate cake! Yikes!
Sophie and Olivia are happy to share one of their favorite afternoon snacks! Whether you are at home or on the go, these yummy, nutrient packed treats are sure to satisfy your little ones palate!
Make your muffins healthy, without sacrificing taste and try S & O’s Muffins for you and your kiddos today!
Bonus, these goodies do NOT cause a muffin top! 🙂
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas (the more brown specks, the better!)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- hemp hearts to top
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In large bowl, combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon
- In food processor (or Vitamix,) blend dates, oil, eggs and bananas
- Add blended mixture to dry mixture in large bowl and combine
- Stir in nuts
- Spoon into slightly greased muffin tins (or paper lined tins)
- Top with hemp hearts
- Bake for 25 mins
Get a quick workout in with your tots and enjoy these muffins as a healthy treat!
Kelly S & O xo
Caution: Nut allergies. Make sure to always supervise your tot while eating to prevent choking!