Do you ever have days where you feel like you have lost a bit of your soul? Feel like you are completely just going through the motions of day-to-day life and wondering why you are not “happy and blissful” when you have so many blessing around you? Time to refill your “soul cup!”
I love and cherish being a Mother and I realize how fortunate I am, but at times, I can beat myself up when I don’t feel complete “joy and bliss” every day that I spend with my kids! After breaking myself down, comes the guilt that I should be enjoying every moment of this experience, as this was all that I ever wanted in my life.
I think as women we build up the perfect picture of what Motherhood should be, while trying to do it all ourselves, not taking time for ourselves and on top of it all, trying to look amazing while doing it…guilty! Sound familiar? Why are we so hard on ourselves?
How can we continue to pour our everything from our “cup” if our “cup” becomes empty? We must refill our “soul cup!”
Simple tips to refill your Soul Cup:
- Cut the wine and late night TV and rise early, before the kiddos are up, and enjoy a cup of coffee and a uplifting book in silence.
- Leave the kids with your partner and take a drive while blaring your favorite tunes.
- Put a few of your favorite, uplifting quotes on sticky notes and place them around your house where you frequently view them. Repeat them to yourself once you see them.
- Take an extra long hot shower or bath.
- Put on your favorite music and head out for a run or walk (alone if possible.)
- Fill your body with healthy, nutritious foods!
- Fill your mind with positive thoughts that fuel your fire!
- Take a yoga class!
- Try a pole dancing class….really ladies, this is a fun one. 😉
- Take 30 minutes to yourself and get pinning on pinterest!
- Plant a vegetable garden…Get your kids involved and teach them where food comes from!
- Simply breathe. Inhale for 4 seconds, hold your breath for 5 seconds and exhales slow for 8 seconds…
- Set some goals for you and you only! Place these goals on sticky notes to remind you and inspire you!
- Get out and volunteer!
- Make time for you and your partner. Keep the flame lit…
- Try an adult coloring book while the kids are napping…Even at my age, I still can’t seem to keep the colors perfectly in the lines! 😉
- Look in the mirror and compliment yourself!
- Make a list of your strengths, times that you were so proud of yourself, things that you have done well in your life. Read them over and over and praise yourself for how amazing you are.
- Pour a glass of wine and put on your high heels and red lipstick. Instant confidence booster 😉
- Treat yourself to a mani-pedi, a massage, a trip to the hairdresser, anything that pampers you!
- Remember, no matter how good or bad or difficult a situation may be in your life, everything is temporary. Life is too short to take it seriously! Laugh, love, appreciate and be grateful for where you are in this very moment!
Don’t beat yourself up, build yourself up. Take time for you and refill your soul cup!
Kelly S & O xo