Hi I’m Erin! Welcome to Le Cordon Pink and Bleu!
For those of you who don’t know me, I am one of Kelly’s many sisters, often referred to in my large family as “Onie” or “Number 4”. Growing up in a small mountain town, in a bustling household of six women, there was a great deal of time spent in our family kitchen. It was there that I felt most able to express myself and escape the chaos of our one communal bathroom!
What was originally a passion of mine, cooking for my own joy and for those I love, eventually transpired into a potential career path when I was accepted to Le Cordon Bleu in London.
I spent a formative year learning from some of the most accomplished pastry chefs in the world, while in the classroom and apprenticing at the Ritz in Mayfair. Through this experience, I gained not only culinary skills but also a more clear vision for what path I wanted to explore.
I now devote a great deal of my time focusing on healthy eating and fitness and put much of my energy and love into the food that I prepare and eat. Wholehearted cooking and nutrition is the approach and basis for the recipes created here at Le Cordon Pink and Bleu.
Kelly and I couldn’t be more excited about the launch of this new section on her blog. We aspire to bring you and your little ones gourmet purees and dishes that will impress even our youngest and most honest critics! 🙂
For dinner tonight, try Erin’s delicious “Poulet et Pomme Pate!” It had Sophie and Liv screaming…and crying for more! 😉
1/2 small onion peeled and diced
1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 organic chicken breast (4 oz)
1 organic apple, peeled, chopped and core removed
2 large organic carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup (8 fl oz) water or unsalted organic chicken stock
1. In a saucepan, heat OO and sauté the onion until softened and transparent.
2. Add chopped carrot to saucepan and cover with either the chicken stock or water. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
4. Dice chicken and then add to the saucepan along with the chopped apple. Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
5. Puree mixture in blender (I use a vitamix, but any good blender will do.)
6. Serve to your little one lukewarm and freeze remainder in an ice cube tray.
Bon Appitite 🙂
Kelly, Onie, S and O xo