So you’re pregnant…Yay!! Many women hear this and think, great, I can eat whatever I want…I am eating for two! Sorry ladies, but pregnancy is a time in your life where being mindful of what you are eating is most important! Not only the famous saying “you are what you eat” comes in to play here but “your baby is what you eat” is very true too!
Did you know that the average woman requires only an additional 300 calories a day when growing your little babe? When it comes down to it, 300 calories isn’t a whole lot more.
Eat twice as smart, not twice as much with these simple, healthy and nutritious snack ideas that will get you those 300 additional healthy calories into your day!
- One whole wheat pita, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 cup celery, 1/4 cup hummus
- One medium banana, 2 tbsp organic peanut butter
- Fruit Smoothie – 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup berries, 1 banana, 1/2 cup almond milk, blend and sprinkle with ground flax, chia, hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, fresh berries, 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 avocado, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast
- Trail mix – 1/2 cup raw nuts, seeds, unsweetened dried fruit
Give your little one the greatest gift from the beginning…the gift of proper nutrition and health. Not only will your baby thrive and reap the benefits, but also getting your body back after delivery will be a much quicker and easier feat!
Kelly, Soph & Liv xo
If you enjoy our posts at Tots N’ Squats, please click below and vote for us! 🙂