Confidence plays a huge role in how we feel about ourselves, other people, our jobs, our families and our self perception. We are what we eat and what we eat influences how we feel.
Researchers are finding more and more links to diet and mental health. To boost confidence and self-esteem, it is crucial that we take a look at what we are putting in our mouths. Our diet can directly effect our level of anxiety, depression, mood swings and our confidence.
Top Mood Boosters:
- Carbohydrates (the good ones) – Carbs are broken down to glucose to fuel your brain and body. Too little and it will leave you feeling tired, sluggish, lethargic, unable to concentrate or think clearly. Fill your hot bod with plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes and whole grains!
- Omega 3’s – Foods such as salmon, sardines, trout, flaxseed and walnuts pack a nutrition punch that may help prevent low moods and depression by effecting the neurotransmitter pathways in our brain.
- Selenium – Has been linked to low moods so gobble up nuts, seeds, lean meats, whole grains, beans and legumes!
- B-energized! – the B vitamins play a large role in energy production and can help prevent depression. Fill up on dark leafy greens, spinach, kale, broccoli, lean meats, low fat dairy and eggs.
- Vitamin D – Potentially important to help prevent depression as the vitamin may effect the serotonin levels in the brain. Fish, yoghurt and eggs are all good sources. Also, get outside, let the sun shine on that face and get moving as well to get even better benefits!
We all deserve to feel our best! I know how much diet and exercise can effect my mood and therefore, my confidence! I know we are busy being Moms, but make “you matter” too and eat right for your confidence!
Sophie and Olivia sure exude confidence with all of that healthy food in them! 😉
Now go fill up that beautiful body!
Kelly, S & O xo