Coffee Crazed? Me too! However, I am trying to nix the caffeine and reach for hot water and lemon instead!
- Caffeine is particularly taxing on our liver
- Too much caffeine can over tax the liver and slow down the liver’s ability to burn fat and cleanse out other harmful toxins in our bodies.
- Caffeine is very acidic to our bodies, negatively affecting our bodies’ pH level.
- Caffeine can increase cortisol levels (stress hormone,) which has been linked to excess fat storage.
- Caffeine can also potentially promote norepinephrine production, another stress hormone that affects our brain and nervous system. This may cause increased heart rate, blood pressure and feeling jittery.
- Caffeine can make us feel more anxious and nervous.
Swap That Cup of Joe for Hot Water and Lemon!:
- Lemons are one of the most alkaline foods around! They help balance your body’s pH, which make for a healthier, less toxic you!
- Lemons have similar “boosting” affects as caffeine, without taxing the gall bladder!
- Hot water and lemon is a great and safe alternative to coffee during pregnancy!
- Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which can help fight hunger cravings!
- Lemons are high in vitamin c and potassium, helping fight off colds, control blood pressure and stimulate brain and nervous system function!
- Lemons help with digestion, helping flush unwanted toxins!
- Bonus – lemons can help clear skin and freshen that breath!
Get your “zest for life” this morning!
Kelly S & O xo
July 28, 2015