My mornings are busy getting the girls up, dressed, bottled, fed, read to and played with. Before I know it, it is 11am and I have not even had breakfast myself! We all know that breakfast is a very important meal for our brain and body and to kickstart our day! I now make a conscious effort to prepare “breakfast for 2,” well, “breakfast for 3” in our case! 😉
Smoothies are a delicious and easy way to pack a nutritious punch! One of my favorite times of day is sitting down for breakfast with Sophie and Liv! It is never too early to begin family sit-down meals!
Try Sophie and Liv’s favorite “Berry Green Goodness” smoothie AND make a little extra for you, Mom!
Feeling full, fueled and ready to start our day! Now, about those table manners girls…
Sophie and Olivia’s “Berry Green Goodness Smoothie” 9 months +
Ingredients: *Note, if you have a family history of allergies, consult your pediatrician prior to introducing certain foods
- 1 ripe organic banana
- 5 prunes
- 1 cup washed, fresh organic berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackerries)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen organic kale
- 1/2 cup organic plain kefir OR organic plain greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP ground flax
- 1 TBSP hemp hearts
- Place all ingredients in blender (I love using my “Magic Bullet!”)
- Blend until completely pureed
- Serve babies and yourself – To my smoothie, I like to add chia seeds, slivered almonds and extra ground flax and hemp hearts!
Kelly S & O xo